Becoming a Registered Nutritionist via Experience in Evidence Based Nutrition (EEBN)
This route is for individuals with a minimum of 10 years' work experience in evidence-based nutrition at a senior level in industry, research, academia, sport, government, charity, NGO or health care settings.

If you have been working in nutrition science but have less than 10-years of senior level experience, please read the page on applying for Registered Nutritionist via Portfolio application.   

How to Apply 

  Read the Guidance Notes for Applications for Registered Nutritionist via EEBN before completing your application form 
Read BOTH the Competency Requirements for Registered Associate Nutritionist and the Competency Requirements for Registered Nutritionist
Read the AfN Standards of Ethics, Conduct and Performance

  Complete the following:

Application for Registered Nutritionist via EEBN   

Please note we do not currently accept electronic application submissions as a physical signature is required.

  Return completed application form including details of two referees (at least one referee must be a UKVRN Registered Nutritionist), supporting statement, full CV, a certified copy of your photographic identification, and payment, to Association for Nutrition.


Please ensure you have attached the correct amount of postage for the weight and size of your envelope as failure to do so will unfortunately result in Royal Mail not being able to deliver your application to the office (remember an envelope larger than A5 and thicker than 4/5 sheets of paper is classed as a Large Letter by Royal Mail). You do not need to send your application special or recorded delivery, but having it weighed at a post office can ensure the correct postage has been applied.

Please inform your referees of your application, as we will contact these shortly after receipt of your application and will not be able to send your portfolio to an assessor until references have been received and all other documentation has been confirmed as enclosed (certified ID, Long CV, supporting statement, any accompanying evidence & application fee).

ID and Degree Certificates/Transcripts can be certified as true copies of the original documents by any individual of professional standing, providing they are not related to you, do not live at the same address as yourself and is not a close personal friend.


If you need further help, please see our FAQ or email

Registrant Login

Log In

If you are a UKVRN registrant but have not created an online account, please click here to set up your username and password

If you have forgotten your username or password, please click here to be sent a reminder.